Friday, September 10, 2010

Romeo and Juliet

He was my Romeo and I was his slightly overweight, Wal-mart brand Juliet. And while one of us was hiding a big deep dark secret, I have no doubt we loved each other. I still do love him actually.

For almost five years I fell deeper and deeper in love with someone I knew I would never have anything 'real' with. The saddest part is I let him do the same, but he had no idea it could never be.

A few days ago, my ipod started playing this song (The song in this clip starts at about the one minute mark):



I bet I played this fifty times that day. It's a song he had sent me a few years ago. I think it means more to me now than it ever did.

Valentine's day last year I stopped playing Juliet. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. When it ended I thought it would be easy to move on, but it wasn't. We promised to be friends but I knew we wouldn't.

It was hot, passionate, powerful, sweet and wonderful while it lasted. While I regret both of our situations, I don't regret loving him.

We still e-mail on occasion. It's just general pleasantries but I know he would have my back in a minute if I needed him and I would do the same for him.

Romeo, never doubt that I really loved/love you. You are a wonderful man that I will never forget. You held me, loved me, listened to me and let me cry on your shoulder. I am grateful to you for so many things.

Love, Your Wal-mart brand Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment