Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sharks and Ninja Turtles

I would like to take a moment and share with you what I believe is one of the most awesome conversations I have ever been a part of. Keep in mind The Redheaded Wonder is 4 years old. She calls me Mimi.

Redheaded Wonder: Ok, so it lives in the zoo. It stands on one leg (she draws her leg up as if she were only standing on one, she’s sitting) and it’s pink.

Me: Umm a Ninja Turtle (I’ve had an odd fascination with the Ninja Turtles lately).

RW: Giving me a look like I had just asked her to recite Pi. Umm no. Mom your turn.

This wonderful game continues for awhile with me of course saying all the wrong answers.

RW: Okay Mimi, I’m going to give you an easy one. It lives in the zoo (apparently everything lives in the zoo). It‘s white and has black stripes.

Me: Ummm a rhinoceros.

RW: No Mimi. It starts with a ZZZZZ sound.

Me: Hmmm…..OHH I know a Znake.

RW: Mimi, you should really go back to school.

Me: Okay, I am going to give you one. It lives in the sewer….

RW: before I can even finish my sentence she throws her hands in the air and says….. A SHARK!!!!!!

Me: YES!!!!!!

I am a great educational resource. Ya know, I was going for a Ninja Turtle but she said shark with so much enthusiasm that it couldn’t have been anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment