Monday, February 7, 2011

Catfish and Curve Balls Pt. 2

When last we left our curly haired little girl she was having her heart re-started by a catfish and the man she spent so many nights thinking of was sitting next to her being a weirdo.

Later that night:

TRC: It was good seeing you tonight.
Me: It was good seeing you too.
TRC: You let your hair grow longer and its lighter.
Me: Yeah, I guess I did since the last time I saw you. You didn’t look so bad yourself.
TRC: Thanks. So when am I going to get to see you again?

There it is, the loaded question. Do I want to see him? Do I want to see if he really has changed? Do I want to know where his new house is so when this ends badly I can toilet paper his yard?

Me: When do you want to see me?
TRC: I want to see you as soon as you can come over.
Me: How about Saturday?
TRC: That sounds good. I will see you then.

Saturday night. Approximately 8 p.m. Standing at TRC’s door.

TRC: Well, well, well.
Me: What?
TRC: I never thought I would see you at my door.
Me: Well, I left some friends to be here so consider yourself lucky.
TRC: Come in and I will give you the grand tour.

To Be Continued......





No comments:

Post a Comment