Friday, July 31, 2009

The Final Straw

It has been weeks since it actually happened but I sent TRC packing. FOR GOOD!!!! I know, I know I have said it before and then months later I am all "OMG wait till you hear what TRC did now". This time it's SO. NOT. HAPPENING!!

There was no major incident that caused the final showdown. It was boredom more than anything. I seriously put no thought into it. One minute Miss Runs on Coffee and I were eating lunch and the next I was texting him to say that I was done.

TRC is a player. A smooth talker that will tell you what you want to hear when you want to hear it. Also, he's an immature dog and he has cooties. (Okay, so maybe he doesn't have cooties but my 10 year old self is pretty pissed at him too.)

I think I really realized how horrible he was the day before my moms funeral. Queen of Randomness and I were in the mall buying my dad a jacket for the funeral when we ran into TRC. We exchanged pleasantries for a bit then as he was about to leave he turns around and says " So we're good right. I've seen you and don't have to come to that funeral home thing tonight right?"

I swear it felt like I stood and stared at him for days. This man who has claimed to be on of my best friends and sometimes more just rendered me speechless with his stupidity. I mean, whatever, just don't show up. I probably would have never noticed that he wasn't there, but WTH to stand there and say that was just....well....rude!

It bothered me but as usual, I kept my mouth shut and for over a year never said a word about it. I don't think Q of R and I even spoke of it.

Finally, on that boring day, over lunch I let him have it. Not just for that but for lying, making promises he never kept and for just being an all around jerk.

The moral of the story: I shouldn't have boring lunches, or you know something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment